magnifier
Image
magbottom
 
Swarthmore College, Parrish Hall
Close Window

Exterior and grounds. Main building of Swarthmore, now
known as Parrish Hall, was the  original building when the college
opened in 1869. This image is before the fire.

Credit: Courtesy of Friends Historical Library, Swarthmore College

Founded by the Society of Friends in 1864, Philadelphia's Swarthmore College was one of the country's first coeducational liberal arts colleges.

Back to Top