magnifier
Image
magbottom
 
Langhorne Speedway flyer, May 6, 1948.
Close Window

Langhorne Speedway flyer

Credit: Courtesy of L Spencer Riggs

Closed during World War II, Langhorne was reopened by new owner John Babcock in June, 1946. As seen in this photo, Langhorne had no straightaways, so drivers had to grip the wheel without rest in a death-grip left-turn that lasted 100 miles on a dirt track doused with motor oil and crankcase sludge to hold down the dust.

Back to Top