magnifier
Image
magbottom
 
Fulton Opera House, from North Prince St. circa 1870.
Close Window

Exterior façade

Credit: Courtesy of the Lancaster County Historical Society.

Opened in 1852, Lancaster's Fulton Street Opera House was one of dozens of regional theaters that sprang up across the Commonwealth in the middle decades of the 1800s. Renovated in 1996, it is one of three Pennsylvania theaters on the National Register of Historic Places.

Back to Top