Boys playing in Kingsley Association Gymnasium, Pittsburgh, 1906. Photograph by William H. Matthews.
Close Window

Boys Playing in the Gymnasium.

Credit: Records of the Kingsley Association, 1894-1980, AIS 70:5, Archives Service Center, University of Pittsburgh

Founded in 1893, Kingsley House provided social, educational, and recreational programs for the families of immigrant laborers in Pittsburgh's Strip District. In 1900, Henry C. Frick gifted the Montooth Mansion at Bedford and Fullerton, in Pittsburgh's Hill District, to the Kingsley House Association, to which it soon moved.

Back to Top