Philadelphia's Arch Street Theatre as it appeared in 1861
Close Window

Arch Street Theatre Polka, dedicated to Mrs. John Drew, Lessee.

Credit: The Library Company of Philadelphia

Designed by William Strickland and opened in 1828, the Arch Street Theater (609-615 Arch Street) hosted one of the nation's leading stock companies of its time after Mrs. John [Louisa Lane] Drew assumed its management in 1861.

Back to Top