The Johnson House, 6306 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, circa 1867.
Close Window

The Johnson House, a station on the Underground Railroad, pictured here in 1867.

Credit: The Library Company of Philadelphia

Home to three generations of Quaker families who worked to abolish slavery and improve living conditions for freed African Americans, this former stop on the Underground Railroad is today a historic house museum open to the public.

Back to Top