The Harmonist Church, Economy, PA, circa 1880.
Close Window

Exterior surrounded by a fence. A horse and wagon with driver and two passengers is on the dirt road.

Credit: Courtesy of Old Economy Village

Completed in 1832, the Harmonist Church at Economy had a clock with a single hand that told the hour, which people could see it from all over town and the surrounding fields surrounding the town. Still in use, St. John's Lutheran Church still has the original two bells of the Harmony Society and the original clock and clockworks.

Back to Top