magnifier
Image
magbottom
 
The "S" Bridge, Washington County, PA, circa 1894.
Close Window

The "S" Bridge, shown here in an 1894 photograph, was completed in 1818. This and other early bridges facilitated travel on the National Road.

Credit: From The Old Pike published 1894; Courtesy Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission

The "S" Bridge, shown here in an 1894 photograph, was completed in 1818. This and other early bridges facilitated travel on the National Road.

Back to Top