The Stanley Theatre, Pittsburgh, PA, circa 1937.
Close Window

An ornate theatre front with a large sign advertising Benny Goodman's band.

Credit: The Frank Driggs Collection

Opened in 1928, Pittsburgh's 2,800-seat Stanley theater was the largest motion picture in western Pennsylvania. The theater also hosted live musical performances by top jazz musicians and their orchestras, including Benny Goodman.

Back to Top