The Graff House, 7th and Market Streets, Philadelohia, PA, circa 1855.
Close Window

Photograph of the Graff House

Credit: The Library Company of Philadelphia

In the 1850s the house where Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence was a book and job printing office. It was torn down in 1883. A facsimile of the house was rebuilt by the National Park Service in 1975 based on this and similar photos.

Back to Top