The Oleana Hotel, Potter County, PA, circa 1918.
Close Window

Exterior, family car and family members in front of the house.

Credit: Courtesy of Potter County Historical Society

One of the first structures built by Norwegian settlers at Oleana, this three-story hotel and adjacent dining hall served as the community's center of activities. In 1856, long after the majority of settlers left the colony, John Henry Andresen purchased the hotel. Andresen ran the hotel until 1880 when his adopted son Willard took over. Andresen later opened a grist mill and two saw mills, and ran the post office.

Back to Top