magnifier
Image
magbottom
 
The Mill at Anselma, West Pikeland, PA, circa 1900.
flipFlip to Poet Sarah Louisa Oberholtzer, circa 1882.
Close Window

In this photo mill owner Allen Simmers stands in the second-floor door of the Mill.  In 1906 Simmers replaced the wooden water wheel and sluiceway (shown on left side of the mill building) with a more efficient steel pipe and Fitz water wheel.  A cider press, at Anselma, is visible on the right side of the mill building.

Credit: The Mill at Anselma Preservation and Educational Trust, Inc.

In this photo, taken sometime around 1890, mill owner Allen Simmers, stands in the second-floor door of the Mill. In 1906 Simmers replaced the wooden water wheel and sluiceway (shown on left side of the mill building) with a more efficient steel pipe and Fitz water wheel. A cider press, at Anselma, is visible on the right side of the mill building.

Back to Top