magnifier
Image
magbottom
 
Soviet officials inspect the assembly of Mack trucks at the company plant in Allentown, PA, June 17, 1971.
Close Window

Soviet officials inspect the assembly of Mack Trucks at the company plant

Credit: (©CORBIS/Bettmann) Donated by Corbis-Bettmann

Located in Allentown since 1905, Mack trucks was one of the most successful American truck manufacturers of the early 1900s. Plagued by the high costs of independent operation, the company changed ownership in 1953, and then again in 1966, when the company completed a merger with Signal Oil and Gas Company. Owned by Renault Véhicules Industriels since 1990, the company headquarters moved from Allentown to Greensboro, North Carolina, in 2009.

Back to Top