The Walt Disney Elementary School, Levittown, PA, circa 2006.
Close Window

Exterior and grounds.

Credit: Courtesy of the Pennsylvania Bureau of Historic Preservation, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission

The post-war baby boom led to a building boom in the construction of new schools and hiring of new teachers. Constructed in 1955 to replace the aging two-room Tullytown schoolhouse that had served the community for generations, the Walt Disney Elementary School, with murals painted by Disney artists, served the children of Levittown, a planned suburban community constructed by the Levitt brothers in the early 1950s.

Back to Top