Carnegie Technical Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, 1912.
flipFlip to Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, c. 1900.
Close Window


Credit: Courtesy of Millersville University, Helen A. Ganser Library, Archives and Special Collections

Favored by industrialist Andrew Carnegie's generous patronage, Pittsburgh's Carnegie Technical Institute served as a center of industrial and scientific education in western Pennsylvania. Begun in 1900, and renamed with degree granting status in 1912, Carnegie Tech merged with the Mellon Institute in 1967 to form the internationally acclaimed Carnegie Mellon University

Back to Top