Allegheny College, Meadville, PA, circa 1870.
flipFlip to Allegheny College Gymnasium, Meadville, Crawford County, PA, 1913.
Close Window

Pin and Ink of Bentley, Ruter, and Culver Halls

Credit: Allegheny College Archives, Wayne and Sally Merrick Historical Archive Center, Pelletier Library, Allegheny College

After opening in 1815, Allegheny College was typical of many small elite colleges in remote locations. After two decades of uncertainty, trustees switched affiliation to the Methodist Church in hopes of reaching a wider student clientele.

Back to Top