Moravian Seminary, as seen from Monocacy Block, Bethlehem, PA, circa 1865.
Close Window

Moravian Seminary, rear view from Monocacy Block, Bethlehem, Pa., c. 1865.

Credit: Courtesy of the NYPL digital gallery, New York Public Library

Established in 1807 and moved to Bethlehem in 1857, the Moravian College and Seminary provided advanced education in the Brethren tradition to students trained in a network of Moravian academies spread throughout eastern Pennsylvania.

Back to Top